How to beat those long, exhausting and starving study days at Uni with the perfect snack
Just Jerky – the best kind of uni snack food!
I definitely know what it feels like…. Back when I was at uni (and suffering from gluten intolerance) it was always so hard to find a great snack! I must admit, I did take my lunch every single day, but there were still times when I’d be stuck in class or in the studio late into the day – to late for lunch, too early for dinner, or have no access to food on campus at all!
Looking back, beef jerky would have been the ideal munchie! Only thing was…. I didn’t even know what it was, let alone how to make it!
You see, nowadays Uni students don’t have to worry about this at all, because since September 2016 Just Jerky has been ranged across Australia in a selections of 34 University Co-op Bookstores!! We are so thrilled to be partnering with Co-op Bookstore to make sure students are well fuelled for those long days!
So, no longer can you just grab textbooks, phone chargers and journals from The Co-op Bookstore, you can also buy Just Jerky!!
Here’s the list of stores:
How to cook with beef jerky
Here’s how to prepare beef jerky so that you can add it to any meal.
See our 3 suggestions for how to use Just Jerky’s beef jerky in your kitchen.
1. Place the whole contents of 1 x 50 Just Jerky beef jerky into a bowl. (please discard oxygen absorber).
Just Jerky Beef Jerky Method
2. Cover the beef jerky with water and place aside for about 30min - 1 hour. This rehydrates the beef jerky, preparing it for your meal invention.
Just Jerky Beef Jerky
3. Drain the water, and slice jerky into smaller pieces or use as is for any recipe you like.
Just Jerky Beef Jerky
What are some other dishes that go well with beef jerky?
Soups – Stews – Stir-frys – One-pan hash – Slow cooked beans – Veggie Salads/potato salad – Noodle Soup
Is it healthy to include jerky in cooked meals?
Absolutely! Just Jerky is a naturally preserved meat, meaning there are no artificial preservatives such as nitrates or flavour enhancers. This makes it far healthier than most other dry/cold meat product such as hams, salami and bacon.
Try using beef jerky in place of bacon in one of your favourite recipes and let us know how it goes!
3 hot & healthy jerky snacking tips
3 hot & healthy snacking tips to fuel your daily adventure.
Snacking throughout the day is a great way to sustain energy and keep you going for longer.
With an abundance of snack food available, how do you choose a snack that’s good for you?
We believe snacking should neither be boring nor bad for you. So, here are three handy suggestions to help you snack right.
1. When looking for snacks at your local supermarket, try walking straight up to the fresh produce section, then to the health food aisle, then to the checkout. Unless you need to grab a few home necessities, there is really no good reason to go to any other aisle.
2. Choosing good snack foods is helped by picking foods that are easy to prepare: Fruits, veg, nuts & Just Jerky’s beef jerky are the necessities to getting yourself energised with healthy snacks.
3. Mix it up and have fun. Combining a piece of fruity with Just Jerky’s beef jerky and organic chocolate is yummy, and always a treat to look forward too.
Need some more inspiration?
Check out Just Jerky’s 5 snacking suggestions